Friday, March 20, 2009

Office Betting Pool

Once the kids came, I started making "New Year" resolutions in August at the time of our adoption anniversary. Since I wanted to lose weight, it seemed easy to try for ten pounds in a year by making a few small changes in my eating habits. Two years later, I haven't lost any weight. This method is definitely not working!

Several staff members at Trinity are also dieting, and they devised a plan that I've decided to join. Last Tuesday, we each stepped on the scale and established our starting weight. In four weeks, our goal is to lose five pounds. On April 14, we each pay $5 into a piggy bank for every pound our weight is above the goal. The person who pays the most money places the pig on their desk for the month.

My children asked me what the money will eventually buy. We haven't decided yet but one idea is to give it to charity. Another possibility is letting the most successful dieter in the group buy new clothes.

We'll see if I can lose weight with this program. $5 per pound just may do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home