Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Differing Scenarios

Yesterday, 6:15 pm
I arrived home for supper to find Kola shivering in a bathtub of cold water, with Jonathan reading the thermometer at 106 degrees. We immediately bundled him up into the car, and I drove quickly to our local ER.

Yesterday, 11:15 pm
Kola and I left the hospital with a scrip for antibiotics to fight his sinus infection. His temp had been 102 upon arrival and 100 when we left. I made a run to Walgreens for Advil and the scrip.

This morning, 4:00 am
Kola awoke Jonathan and me, telling us he had vomited in his bed. He was burning up, and we took his temp: 111!

This morning, 4:30 am
Jonathan returned from Walgreens with Tylenol and TWO thermometers. Kola's temp was now 102. We sure learned our lesson--keep a backup in case the first one malfunctions!

We're grateful that he's ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home