Friday, December 18, 2009

Winter in Chicago

I grew up in Houston, Texas, where extreme weather hits in the summer. Galveston and Surfside, my favorite beaches on the Gulf of Mexico, can cool you off, but only because the water is wet. Even so, warm bath-temperature water always feels marvelous to me. Jonathan and I were married on August 18, and the temps were below 100 only because a hurricane was approaching.

Chicago, on the other hand, sports its most difficult weather in the winter months. Last Tuesday, I listened to Adam play in a band concert. He's becoming quite a good clarinetist, and the concert was very enjoyable. Afterward I offered to treat Adam to a congratulatory treat. We braved 5-degree temps and below-zero wind chill to get to the snack place. What did he choose? Baskin-Robbins! I skipped the ice cream and ordered hot chocolate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home