Saturday, January 23, 2010

Detective Work

After school, one of our sons wanted to use the computers at the library. I dropped him off about one block north of the library and drove on. After picking up other children, we drove near the library and paused at the stop light. The crossing guard told me that she enjoyed seeing my son again as he walked to the library from the "L" station.

As I made my way home, it struck me that she had seen him walking from the south, not the north. I circled the block and confirmed with her that she had seen him walk from the south. She sought to allay my concern by telling me that lots of kids go to the "L" stop to buy candy and pop. My consternation deepened, however, because the Forest Park station is a terminus both for the "L" and the bus system, and there are always people hanging around.

As I finished my conversation with the crossing guard and closed the window, Sarah chimed in from the backseat, "BUSTED!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home