Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Efficiency

When I took management courses in college, one of my professors constantly strove for efficiency in his everyday life. I guess that teaching about Frederick Winslow Taylor (1856-1915), who is considered the founder of scientific management, inspired him to find ways to speed up daily tasks.

Well, I look for some of those tricks myself. Parking in the same quadrant of every parking lot means never forgetting the location of my car. Carrying the same purse all the time may not be fashionable, but it makes retrieving objects from it a lot faster. And buying cake mixes and frosting of the same color makes birthday preparations much less frustrating. Otherwise, those crumbs of chocolate cake in the white frosting drive me crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home