Monday, September 13, 2010

Diversion

Anytime a new activity is on the schedule, Kola goes into a rage. With Ukrainian dance classes starting tonight, we had a rough weekend. One in a day is enough, but he outdid himself yesterday. Makes the other kids upset, too, to say the least.

This morning, he started talking about Ukrainian dance. I reminded him that he had already danced in Ukraine, when the First Lady visited his orphanage. My friend Maggie was wonderful to ask him about the details.

"I was four when she came, and I danced by myself."
"What were you?"
"A peacock!"

I told him the story of the orphanage director asking the First Lady if he should join his brothers and sisters. That reminded him of the director, his good friend. He decided to write her a letter. We had time before school to start the letter with its salutation and closing, which he penned in his best cursive handwriting:

Dear:director

mikola


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home