Thursday, January 06, 2011

Holiday Reminiscing

Our four boys returned to school two days ago. At Kola's bedtime on Monday night, I asked him about his Christmas holiday. "What were your favorite things that you'll share with your class tomorrow?"

Expecting him to say "presents," I was pleased to hear about several activities instead:

"Seeing the Blue Man Group"--a combined gift from several family members

"Celebrating New Year's Eve with poppers and noisemakers"

"Ice Fishing"--part of our four-day vacation to Wisconsin. Because of an unseasonal thaw, the lake's ice was covered with about two inches of water. Kola definitely enjoyed that part of it.

"I'll tell my class that, just like Jesus, I can walk on water!"

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mary!
We're celebrating your day in sunshine and joy and pray that you are able to do likewise!
My Promises for Parents calendar has these words for today..."God sends children to enlarge our hearts and to make us unselfish and full of kindly sympathies and affections." - M. Howitt
I will always think of you when I read this every year.
Love and God's blessings,
Your Colorado Cuz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home