Saturday, February 26, 2011

Long Weekend

The schools like to combine three-day weekends with parent/teacher conferences. Last weekend, my childcare responsibilities started on Thursday, Feb. 17, at noon with Rachel and Sarah's early release. They didn't attend school on Friday, and I picked up David and Kola early at 11:15 that day. None of the children attended school on Monday, Feb. 21, which was Presidents' Day.

Of course, Concordia didn't cancel any classes on Thursday, Friday, or Monday, and we're at the point in the semester that Jonathan's schedule is getting very busy.

My "day off" on Monday included a bad fight between four of the children, so I took the younger three to the park for hours of exercise. It helped, since I managed to wear them out.

Tuesday morning came, the kids were back in school, and I had to go to work. I'm still recovering from last weekend. I wish I could look forward to long weekends with all my kids, but I much prefer spending time with them one-on-one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home