Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Shoulder

When I slammed the van door into my arm last summer, the entire accident took place in less than a second. A premonition struck me, however, that this brief event might have longer-term repercussions. I was right.

An MRI shows that one of the tendons connected to my rotator cuff was torn when I involuntarily pulled my arm away from the van door. Surgery has been delayed until after Christmas, thank goodness. But the latest estimate of recovery time until I can play organ again is three months. That's impacting Holy Week and Easter.

Besides issues at work, I also won't be driving for six weeks after surgery. And walking on ice during a Chicago winter won't be a good idea, either. Looks like my (and our family's) life will look quite different for a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home