Thursday, April 19, 2012

Not a Restful Night

The themes of my recurring nightmares have changed over the years. As a young child, a house-sized ant chased me, and (of course!) I couldn't run at all to get away. In my 20s and 30s, my final exam in a college course was scheduled to start in five minutes, and not only had I not cracked the books even once, but the location of the class was a total mystery since I had never attended.

Recently, a packing deadline loomed for a move to another country. Besides my own belongings, all of the children's toys also filled the apartment. Try as I might, it was impossible to bring all of our things. But deciding what to leave involved innumberable decisions about minutiae. It all made my head ready to explode.

When I told Jonathan about my dream, he exclaimed,
"That's not a nightmare. It's a memory!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home