Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

It's time for the offering, which I've chosen to play on piano. The ushers have started the collection, so I hurry down the side aisle to reach the grand piano in the front of the sanctuary. As I approach the instrument, a sea of red roses awaits me on the music stand. Besides several in a vase, more are taped to cards that stretch across the piano.

Later, friends told me that Paul shopped for a red rose at the farmer's market near church. The only single flowers were yellow, however, which weren't possible because he wanted the rose to be red. So he bought an entire dozen with his own money, and distributed seven of them to the Stahlke kids and to Jonathan. He handed out the remaining five flowers to friends, who gave them to their own mothers. Then our kids made cards, and at a teacher's suggestion, arranged everything on the piano.

What a wonderful, wonderful gift!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home