Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Day

Our three high schoolers began their school year today. Euphoria reigned last night as they shopped for new clothes items, while this morning mostly showed us sleepy faces. 7:00 am differs a great deal from their late morning (or early afternoon!) wake-up times during the summer. All three kids are old pros at high school, as they enter their sophomore, junior, and senior years.

I was reminded how much things have changed since the first day a year ago. Rachel's excitement at starting high school could hardly be contained. As she bounded downstairs, she looked around to see if anyone noticed her. The males in the house (Jonathan, Paul, and Adam) didn't skip a beat, but she and I caught each other's eyes. Rachel's glance asked me if she looked ok, and my glance back to her gave approval. I really enjoyed the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home