Sunday, November 04, 2012

Surprise!

Spring forward, fall back. What a wonderful gift to gain an hour every autumn. Last night, instead of setting my alarm for my regular 5:00 am on Sundays, I set it for 4:00 am to get some extra work done before All Saints' worship services.

I woke about 3:45 to the sound of creaking steps. The closet in the master bedroom fits under the stairway, so it's quite easy to hear any movement. The footsteps very slowly moved from the steps into the living room and on into the kitchen. I listened intently to the very careful footsteps, and eventually the child went back upstairs.

As I heard the feet descend the stairs again, my alarm clock starting ringing. The footsteps suddenly bolted up the steps. That's the fastest they'd moved for 15 minutes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home