Friday, April 26, 2013

Some Good News

In the last 12 hours, Dad has been himself again--coherent, calm, and not in pain or distress. He also doesn't remember the bad days this week. What a blessing! For today, we can all breathe a sigh of relief and be thankful. One day at a time.

Today is also my father's 79th birthday. I had the opportunity to tell him that he is the best father in the whole world, and that I love him very much, and he was able to hear and comprehend that, and return the love. Another big gift!

My sister Anne told me that a young doctor visited this morning. She told him that my father is a scientist and would be interested in hearing about the treatment he's receiving. The doctor asked my father about his work as a chemist and listened for over fifteen minutes as Dad described the research he'd done over the years. The two of them went back and forth with questions and answers for quite some time. What an affirmation of my father as a person and not just a patient.

Happy Birthday, Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home