Friday, September 13, 2013

Bottle Band

The St. Luke's Bottle Band performs at our church tomorrow evening, one in a series of events celebrating our church's 100th anniversary. Paul Phillips, the director of the group, asked me to participate as a guest violinist. I've followed the Bottle Band for years, and it's very rewarding to have an opportunity to perform with them.

It's been a long time since I played my violin, but the skill has returned enough that I will do an adequate job tomorrow night. Like many other activities that were easy in one's youth, it feels odd to have difficulties with something so familiar.

As a teenager, I waterskied well enough to do slalom. My older boys don't believe me, since I can't get up on TWO skis now. Fifty extra pounds and weak arms don't help! And the challenge now for playing violin is the bane of most people over 40--bifocals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home