Monday, December 02, 2013

The Diaper Bag

One challenge from our kids that Jonathan and I often face is, politely stated, hoarding. Certain things in our house will disappear if not watched. For convenience, safety, and financial reasons, there are entire categories of things that we don't leave at home when we're gone.

So . . . anytime we leave the house, along comes the checkbook, my makeup, all our prescription medications, and a bucket of cherry tomatoes. You may wonder, why the tomatoes? They are green ones from our garden, and if left at home, Jonathan and I will never get to eat them. This year, I want to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

When Jonathan described our "bag lady" habits to a colleague, she immediately commented that these items are our "diaper bag," where you carry around contingencies for almost any emergency. Jonathan and I never went through that stage, since our youngest child was over five years old upon arrival. Good to hear that we're still getting our version of the "diaper bag" experience--wouldn't want to miss anything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home