Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Improvement

My father's agitation last Thursday was followed on Friday morning by a 101-degree fever and very high blood pressure. Because he is in hospice, the only treatment was Tylenol to bring down the fever. In addition, my mother has been ill with pneumonia, and on Friday morning we thought she was relapsing.

It's amazing what a difference 24 hours can make. By Saturday morning, my father's fever was gone, and he has been sleeping most of the time since then. At least that means he's not in pain. Mom visited her internist on Friday, who told her the pneumonia was improving, and prescribed another round of antibiotics for her.

My sister, brother, and I were very relieved that the medical issues last week with my parents have calmed down. Thank you to everyone who is praying for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home