Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Fathers' Day

Last Sunday, we celebrated Fathers' Day in Virginia, where my mother and sister live.  An ice cream sundae buffet feted Jonathan and my brother-in-law Andrew, and I also treated Jonathan to a large bouquet of sunflowers, the symbol of Ukraine.  Later in the day, several of us headed to the nearby cemetery, where my Dad is buried.  After gathering there for an hour to reminisce, we sang a wonderful hymn stanza:

Children of the heavenly Father,
Safely in His bosom gather,
Nestling bird nor star in heaven,
Such a refuge, e'er was given.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to spend a special day! Remembering our fathers gone and our fathers here ties the family together.
Yesterday, I wrote your mom re: their 60th wedding anniversary and the small part I played in their wedding. It was good to bring up those fond memories and all the love that day held for everyone in attendance. I hope she was able to remember the love of everyone, too.
Bless you all,
Your Colorado Cuz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home