Sunday, March 04, 2007

Mama's Sleepover

This weekend is one of those long ones, since Monday is a holiday for Chicago-area schools. Jonathan started his spring break, so he's available to watch the children that day. (Normally, Mondays are his heaviest teaching day and he's gone from 8:00 am to 6:30 pm.)

Two of my friends contemplated kidnapping me for a getaway, but decided the anticipation would be more beneficial for me. I'm leaving today for Ft. Wayne, Indiana with Cindy to visit our friend Emily until Tuesday. This kind of trip is a first for me, and I'm looking forward to it very much.

Last night when I said goodnight to Lena, she told me she would miss me while I was gone. Did I really have to go? I reminded her that she had enjoyed her first sleepover a month ago, and that now it was Mama's turn. That made sense to her and put her at ease.

I think that this type of separation is also an important preparatory step for the time that Jonathan and I will be in Ukraine. That way it's not the first time that we're gone for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home