Monday, August 27, 2007

The End of Summer

You may have wondered why I haven't written much in the last while. We traveled to Austin, Texas to visit family, which was a successful and wonderful trip. Upon returning to Chicago, the last two weeks have been the only time in the year that is relatively unstructured for the children--no school, no summer school, and no traveling (which has its own inherent order). I established a structure (regular visits to the library and the pool, as well as set hours of free time and chores). The two weeks have gone quite well, although it has been a period of intense child care, with time for only a few other things.

Now school starts gradually this week--Jonathan at Concordia today, the two older boys on Tuesday with a half-day and Wednesday with a full day, and the three younger ones with one hour on Wednesday, and a full day on Thursday. I'm already planning my own private celebration on Thursday!

I hope to start writing more before long, but just wanted to explain the reasons for my silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home