Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Double Scheduled

Here was our schedule last Saturday (May 10). I have not included the times for picking up kids after events, which I DO include in my calendar. The entry for May 10 in my calendar was very full and quite difficult to read, so Jonathan and I plotted it out on a big piece of paper.
__________________________________
9:00 - ?
Track meet in northwest Chicago (Paul) near O'Hare airport

9:00
The start of the class day at Ukrainian school near the Loop
(Rachel, Sarah, David)

9:30 - 11:30
Shredding event for personal documents as a fundraiser at Grace Lutheran School--we weren't able to go

10:30
Baseball batting practice (Adam)--he wasn't able to go

11:00
Mother's Day performance at Ukrainian school
(Rachel, Sarah, David)

12:00
Funeral at our church for a young mother, which was very sad on the day before Mother's Day. I was asked to be the organist, but had to find a substitute because of our children's performance at Ukrainian school. Due to a communications mixup on our part, I mistakenly received word at 9:45 am that my substitute organist couldn't play the service. So I drove first from the track meet to our home in Forest Park to change clothes, and then to Villa Park for the funeral. At 11:00 am, as the Ukrainian Mother's Day program was beginning, I got word that my substitute organist could play all along and would arrive in plenty of time for the funeral. So I hopped in the car and immediately drove to Ukrainian Village, slipping into my chair at 11:30. You should have seen the looks of relief on my children's faces! And at 11:35, the first of my kids got up on stage. Thank you, God, for getting me there on time!

1:00
The start of softball practice for Rachel. She arrived late.

2:00
1) Playdate at Kiddieland (Sarah with a neighbor's family)
2) Baseball game (Adam)

3:30
Soccer Game (David)

5:00
Open House to see how one of our neighbors decorated her home (she's a professional designer)--the whole family was invited, but I attended with Adam, Rachel, and David

6:00
Cook supper and eat

7:00
Meet Sarah at Grace after her Kiddieland playdate

7:30
Theater performance at Grace for the 7th and 8th graders (Paul)

8:00
Performance of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, which Jonathan attended with friends. He had already seen Paul's play on Friday, May 9.

9:00
School dance at Grace for the 7th and 8th graders (Paul)
_____________________________

Last year at this time, I prayed for rain. This year I went to Office Max and bought my first calendar with a WHOLE DAY on each page. Did I ask the price of the calendar? No!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home