Saturday, July 05, 2008

Life Goes On

Jonathan and I are in emotional hyperspeed, thinking constantly of the various tasks needed to leave for Ukraine. But routine and not-so-routine parts of life continue unabated.

The two older boys leave tomorrow for a week of camp--the first such experience for them. This afternoon we celebrated Rachel's birthday, since the boys will be gone on the actual day. After cake and presents, I headed to church to play a worship service. Upon my return, a good friend is treating us to a "supper out" in our own home (i.e., she's cooking). As for keeping the household running, the car needs gas, the dishes should be washed, and the laundry soured this morning before I could hang it. Thank goodness for Clorox!

I almost titled this blog post "Acculturation" because one of the kids thought my birthday cake for Rachel needed more sugar. That's a first, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home