Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jonathan's Journal

Due to Email and telephone problems, Jonathan had no contact with the U.S. for several days after I left last week. He told me that keeping a journal helped him, and he told me I could pass these entries on via the blog. He continues to see Kola at 10:00 am and 3:45 pm every day.
______________________________________________

DAY 1 (Wednesday, 24 September 2008)

Both sessions today in Sportsaal.

AM: K. is quiet and pensive, softly playing piano with me. Asks: "Did he give me permission to go in the airplane with you?" "Yes, we'll go together. We just need to wait two more weeks."

PM: still quiet. K. asks: "When will Mom come back?" "She's not coming back here. Next time we see her, we'll be at home, in America, in Chicago." Then, when I said goodbye: "Are you coming alone tomorrow?" "Yes, Mom is in Kiev. Do you know where Kiev is?" "Yes, it's where Yushchenko lives." "Yes!"

I buy alarmclock (with a battery, it's only 10 gr.!), and change the $100 bill I had left.


DAY 2 (Thursday, 25 September 2008)

Both sessions in Sportsaal.

Some spurts of energy, chasing and wrestling a little. K. still wonders if you're coming back with me.

AM: I say you're in the airplane right now, going to take care of his brothers and sisters.

PM: You're still in the airplane, but will get there tonight, and sleep in Chicago tonight. No comment, but taking it in.

I eat lunch at home, for a change, because I have leftover Ramen and sausage. (I cooked all of it up Wednesday night.) Also, I get a good start on instrument ranges quiz grading. I'm able to finish and package it in the evening, mailing it with postcards on Friday.

Still no internet available (not yesterday, either).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home