Friday, April 17, 2009

Those Gambling Church Workers

The staff at Trinity weighed in this week, and unfortunately, I earned the pig. We all had the goal of losing five pounds during the last month. I reduced by only one pound instead of five, and everyone else lost more than I did. So, I added $20 to the piggy bank ($5 for each pound not lost) and moved it to my desk, where it will sit for four weeks. Supposedly, the pig generates post-it notes to me throughout the month, with witty and/or cutting sayings about my dieting woes.

Another idea has surfaced for the dispersal of the money next December. Throughout the year, each person who makes their goal earns a lottery ticket. For every pound lost beyond their goal, they can get more tickets. In December, a winning ticket is drawn from the pool, and that person collects the piggy-bank money as a bonus.

As nice as that carrot sounds, I'm just working to lose something! It should be easier this month without the stress of Holy Week and Easter services.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home