Monday, August 17, 2009

Colors

I've heard that as we get older, we become more and more like our parents. For years, my mom has usually worn a cotton robe and clogs around the house. My morning uniform is very similar--cotton robe and crocks. I actually alternate two cotton robes--identical batik robes in green or blue given to me by a Filipina friend. They are getting quite worn, but they work very, very well. I wore the blue one a lot on our trip, so it was nice to pull out the green one this week at home.

_____________________

Kola lost his first baby tooth yesterday and proudly placed it under his pillow. This morning, he triumphantly displayed his dollar, telling us that the tooth fairy had visited him. I asked him if he had seen her. "Yes!"

"What did she look like?"
"Very tall--nine feet!"

"Do you know what she does with the teeth?"
"She had a necklace and a toe ring strung with teeth. Mine was on her toe ring."

Was it my imagination? I think he glanced at my robe as he told me:

"And she was green!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home