Wednesday, October 28, 2009

FB

At the urging of my childen, I joined Facebook a few days ago. Since Jonathan and I don't want internet at home, I visited the library last night to work at my laptop. Paul, Adam, and Rachel were all sitting at the library computers, facing me at the other end of the library.

While I checked my Facebook account, Adam started a chat with me about his looming term paper. He wrote me, asking for a topic, and I responded that he should write about something he really loves, like skateboards. "Mom, it needs to be about West Side Story and Romeo and Juliet." I gave him several more ideas, and I could see from across the room that he was working hard on his paper.

While that interchange was successful, I have yet to learn the ins and outs of FB. Since I had initially started my profile with only minimal information, I returned and added more details, like hometown, marital status, and religious preference. Well, this caused the program to post to my friends that I had "changed my profile." My pastor made hay with that one:


FB: Mary is now married.

Rob Rogers: Congrats on the big event. Now that you have 6 children - it's about time.

1 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See Sagging above. I clicked wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home