Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rachel's Story, Part I

As I cleaned out school papers, one of Rachel's essays surfaced. She agreed to let me share it with you, as long as I cleaned up her spelling and grammar. Here's Rachel's story:

ELA [English Language Arts]
Rachel Stahlke
September 29, 2009

Compare and Contrast


Have you ever had something so big happen to you that it felt like a dream? On August 3, 2005, I experienced that exact thing. It felt as though I was asleep and dreaming. I was in the small country of Ukraine stuck in an orphanage, with no way out of it, when a man and a woman came and changed my life completely. Their names were Mary and Jonathan Stahlke, and they made my dream a reality. The next thing I knew, I was in the U.S.A. in a new home, a new habitat, new everything. I was so happy to be here with not one complaint when I saw my new house in the huge city of Chicago. O my goodness! I was now called Rachel Stahlke; I love that name. Keep reading and hear the whole story from the beginning.

To be continued . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home