Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Moms

David left this morning for a three-day retreat for the fifth-graders in the Forest Park school district. The activities include hiking, fishing, archery, and high- and low-ropes. He has talked of nothing else for several days now.

Last night, David studied the packing list and collected the things he needed. His pillow, however, stayed on his bed for the night. This morning, he forgot to take it along with his other belongings. Half-way to school, he realized that the pillow was missing.

His anxiety grew quickly. "Mom, I have to have a pillow! I can't go without one! What will I do? I NEED my pillow."

"David, you can use a rolled-up sweater. Or just use nothing. You'll be fine."

"Mom, you don't understand! You need to go home and get it for me. That's why God made moms!"

Not this mom!

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what David will NOT forget to take on his next trip.....
It works for adults, too! Been there, done that...
Way to go, Mom!
Colorado Cuz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home