Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stomachache

I bought groceries yesterday at the wholesale store, including a 2-lb package of pepperoni which Peter carried from the car to the kitchen for me. While I prepared lunch, the rest of the kids helped Jonathan unload the rest of the groceries and put them away.

We ate quickly and then scattered our separate ways. When I returned two hours later, a sack of groceries was still sitting on the floor. Next to it, the pepperoni bag lay torn on the floor with half the meat missing. Our dachsund Kentucky did not dash around with his usual exuberance, and he kept drinking lots of water. I telephoned the vet's office, who told me that he might not feel too good but wasn't in danger.

Kids and puppies. You can't let up for a moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home