Saturday, July 30, 2011

Harry Potter

We still laugh that Kola won tickets to a Harry Potter movie without knowing who Harry Potter is! From my blog on 7/15/99:

"Mom, what is 'heh-ree pah-tuh'?"
"Kola, he's a boy, and that's his name."
"What is 'pah-tuh'?"
"That's his last name. You are Peter Stahlke, and he is Harry Potter."

Kola had picked up these two words from a lively discussion at the supper table last night. He's a rare child not to know about today's premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. So when our library sponsored a "theater evening" last night to celebrate the premiere, we allowed Kola to attend even though the event started at his bedtime.

As I waited in the library near the party room, one of the librarians rushed out excitedly to tell me that Kola had won the drawing for tickets to the movie! He received four tickets, and Jonathan bought four more within the hour. Kola is going to his first Harry Potter movie, and the whole family is attending our first opening-night movie!

Today we saw the last of the Harry Potter films. Kola sat on my lap the entire time, which I understand. It was pretty intense, and very, very good. But after two hours of holding him, my arms were getting numb and I let them drop to my side. He reached down and folded them around himself again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home