Saturday, December 21, 2013

Concussion Yesterday

As my stretcher rolled through the hallways of the emergency room, I shielded my eyes with my hand to block the brightness of the ceiling lights. When the movement stopped and the nurse transferred me into a bed, the whole room spun from vertigo. A bad headache had started, but the nausea was under control from some medication I received in the ambulance.

Out of sight, I heard a voice ask, "Is this the 57-year-old woman?"

I answered, "No, I'm 52, not 57."

The voice explained, "We have three women in their 50s in the ER right now--all slipped on the ice within the last 30 minutes."

So . . . 50s must be the age. Those younger are more agile and avoid falling. Those older are smart enough to stay home during an ice storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home