Monday, December 30, 2013

From My Favorite Newspaper Columnist

Another way to relieve stress when you have to go to the mall because your wife said so is to go key-dangling.

That's when I tell my wife that I'm going for a walk. But I'm really going key-dangling, something I saw on TV years ago.

Just walk through a crowded mall parking lot, your keys dangling from your fingertips, and automobiles begin to follow you the way hungry hyenas follow a wart hog.

Keep walking up and down, turning this way and that, whistling happy tunes, smiling at everyone, and it begins.

One car will follow, hoping to grab your space. Then another car, then another, the driver of the last car probably thinking that the lead car will give up.

I've had as many as six cars follow me. This very well may be a record. See if you can beat it.

Is it cruel?

No.

It's merely some innocent key-dangling, for amusement purposes only.

source: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-12-18/news/ct-kass-met-1218-20131218_1_holiday-stress-shopping-mall-poacher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home