Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Much Faster

I file our important papers in a fire-proof file cabinet with a lock. We own only one key for this file cabinet, which was misplaced about a year ago. Fortunately, the file cabinet had been left unlocked, which means the button over the keyhole is sticking out.

Well, with kids in the house, a button to push is just too tempting. Someone came by and locked it. And that's how it's been left for a year.

Last summer, our old car was totaled in an accident. To sell it for even a nominal fee requires the title, which is in the file cabinet. We must now move the old car along, since we need the parking pad for our new vehicle.

At breakfast, I explained my predicament to the kids, and one of them piped up that it was easy to unlock the file cabinet by hitting the button a certain way. Within minutes it was open.

I would have been better off asking my question a year ago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home