Thursday, June 05, 2014

Beautiful

Yesterday, quite early in the morning, I looked out my bedroom window and caught a distant glimpse of Mama Rabbit. She grazed on our neighbor's lawn at the end of the block. She is quite substantial for a rabbit, with a torso about a foot long, which is why I could recognize her.

Suddenly, a second bunny hopped into view next to her. I don't think it was a baby from our yard, because this one was definitely full-grown, although smaller than Mama. It was possibly the other mother rabbit, the one with the nest where the young ones all died. We had seen her at that time, holding her ground despite Kentucky's barking on the other side of the fence.

I made a mental note of the picture in my head--two beautiful animals in the new morning light. Joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home