Wednesday, July 09, 2014

A Sign From God

With eight people in our family, we celebrate a LOT of birthdays. Home-made birthday cakes are our custom, not only due to expense, but also because it's a gift from the cook.

So yesterday morning, for Rachel's 18th birthday, I attempted to make her cake. In our home during the summer, the only possibility of using the oven is early in the morning, before the house gets hot. When I glanced at our pantry, there were unfortunately no cake mixes awaiting me. So I pulled out my general recipe book to see what I could make from scratch with the ingredients at hand. This is usually not a problem, because I stock lots of staples in bulk.

But yesterday was different. We haven't been to the store in awhile, and three key ingredients for cakes were missing: butter, vanilla, and salt!

I searched high and low for a recipe that would work, but to no avail. It was absolutely necessary to BUY Rachel a cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home