Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Letters

Yesterday, our family received four (4!) letters from Paul.  He wrote not only to Jonathan/me, but also to Sarah, David, and Peter.  They were thrilled to receive a personal letter from him.

Here's an excerpt from the letter to us, his parents, written on 20 May 15:

Hey everyone hope you guys are all doing good.  So today I'm at the range.  I was at the range yesterday too and I will be for the next like 5 weeks.  We had our first physical fitness test and we went to the eagle tower which was just climbing up a 40 foot ladder then rappelling down to the ground.  We did the obstacle course too.  It's hard to explain it--you can just go on Youtube and look it up.  Then I am supposed to get a phone call this Sunday but I don't think I'll be calling cause I have no way of paying my phone bill, but if I can, I will but I'm almost done with red phase this Friday and supposedly basic gets easier, but we'll see.

Paul tried to text and telephone us the next Monday on Memorial Day, but we were at the Field Museum in downtown Chicago and couldn't get reception.  He did connect with Rachel for a few minutes before his ten minutes of telephoning were over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home