Saturday, February 13, 2016

My Father's Hands, Part 2

I have always loved to peruse my parents' wedding photos.  Before I was born, Mom arranged the full-page, black-and-white pictures in a beautiful white album.  I know all of the family members, but even as a child I noticed how young they seemed.  One grandfather is dressed in his pastoral robes, having conducted the ceremony, while the other grandfather looks very handsome in his formal suit.  Our family was represented by all ages, from my great grandparents down to my older cousin, very young in the wedding, who served as flower girl.  And my mother and father look so beautiful and happy on this important occasion.

One striking photo is a close-up of a Bible on a table, with my parents' right hands resting on the book.  Such familiar images--their hands--but this time at the start of their marriage, before my siblings and I were born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home