Sunday, July 03, 2016

Welcome Home!

Last weekend, I traveled to Philadelphia to attend a conference with my mother, sister, and niece.  We celebrated the last reunion of the Augustana Heritage Association, which celebrates the Swedish-Lutheran church body (the Augustana Lutheran Church) that existed from 1860-1962.  Our time in Philadephia was educational, family-centered, and poignant.  The highlight was worshiping with my mother, as she sang the old liturgy with great feeling.

When I returned to Chicago, Peter welcomed me home with a wonderful dessert--a Harry Potter "trifle."  It is scrumptious, with layers of cake, pudding, nuts, and other delicious ingredients.  He and my friend Cindy followed a recipe from a Harry Potter cookbook to create this incredible dessert.  And here is Peter's own (artistic) photo to show you:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home