Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Cup Half Full

Not feeling well this afternoon, I decided to take a long nap.  Shutting the door to my bedroom, I set the alarm for 90 minutes later and tried to sleep.  

Fifteen minutes into my nap, Peter burst into the room.  I told him, "Peter, please knock first before you come in."  "Ok.  Mom.  Can I go to the park?" "No, you haven't practiced piano yet."  Off he went, looking disappointed.

Thirty minutes later, I had blissfully drifted off when David entered the room.  I told him, "David, please knock first before you come in."  "I did, Mom, but you were sleeping and didn't hear it.  Can I ride my bike to church now, for youth group?" "No, you can't, but I'm not going to explain it; I'm trying to sleep."  "Why not??  I'm going to call Dad."  Off he went, looking angry.

Forty-five minutes later, I heard a knock on the door.  Peter entered the room.  "Mom, do you have two AA batteries?"  "Peter, I'm taking a nap. You'll have to wait until I get up."  Off he went, looking resigned.

Before long, the alarm rang.  I could be angry that my nap was so interrupted.  But I'm trying to be thankful that Peter learned to knock on the door before entering!

1 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Cindy Waldron said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! I wouldn't have caught that unless you pointed it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home