Friday, June 06, 2008

Last Day of School!

Excitement, apprehension, sadness, joy!
Such mixed emotions in the children today.

I react to their fears by loving them up a little more. Jonathan takes the route of humor. He responds with something so ridiculous that they laugh and the tension is broken.

Yesterday, Sarah visited the optometrist for an eye test. The results were near-sightedness with a little astigmatism. She needs glasses for distance, but not for reading, and the amount of correction is not very great. Yet, at breakfast this morning, she spoke over and over about her need for glasses. I'm pretty sure that her apprehension was due more to the last day of school, as well as the school talent show this afternoon in which she is performing.

Sarah: "I need glasses! My eyes are not very good. I can't see very well without glasses!"
Jonathan: "Sarah! At least the optemetrist didn't say you needed new eyeballs!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home