Thursday, October 23, 2008

First (Full) Day of School

Mikola loves school! He met me at 2:45 pm today with a big hug, followed by a game of "catch me, if you can." His teacher told me that he is adjusting well, and she related a funny story from lunchtime:

Kola's mom forgot to give him a juice box or milk money. Since today was his very first time to eat lunch at school, he didn't realize that anything was missing. The milk carton on the table looked great, so he picked it up and started drinking. Before the neighboring child could complain that someone had taken her milk, Kola decided he didn't want it anyway. Who likes cold milk when you've always enjoyed it at room temperature?

3 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jane Saari said...

Dear Mary and Jon and family, Congratulations on Mikola's safe arrival home. His siblings must be so happy to have him with them again. I'm glad your long journey through the adoption process with all the children is over. My most sincere wishes for a happy future together as a family.
Sincerely, Jane Saari, friend of Anne and Andrew's and one of Anni's godmothers

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger pahope said...

We are going to Kgrad in 4 weeks and we have a question for you. Can I provide you our e-mail address? I didn't want to post it here until I knew you would be ok with it. Our many thanks!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Stahlkes said...

Dear pahope,
I'd be very glad to answer a question(s) about your upcoming trip. Just let me know your Email address and I'll send you a message so that we can correspond.
Mary
P.S. This is new for me--I've never posted a comment on my own blog site!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home