Thursday, October 02, 2008

Jonathan's Journal, con.

Note from Mary:
I'm glad Jonathan has time to write. Otherwise there'd be nothing for the blog, since I'm crazy busy!
P.S. My additions are in brackets:
___________________________________________

Journal

DAY 6 ( Monday, 29 September 2008)

AM: I tried to take the laundry in (by cab) not far from home. It's just down October Revolution St. beyond the river. Not open. Clothes stayed in cab trunk all day. Took banana in the morning. We [Jonathan and Kola] were outside both sessions today again. I think that's our permanent situation, unless it rains. We tied a piece of broom end to a stick with the shoelace Kola uses to tie up the chestnut bag. He proceeded to "help" clean up the sidewalk.

I ate at Dobrych Cafe, tried again to deliver laundry, bought Kleenex, searched for postcards, bought 180 gr. of children's books (finally found the right book store), did e-mail, and bought dress shoes for him - very cute and on sale for 20 USD (down from 30 USD)

PM: I brought half an apple and one piece of chocolate. He seemed more quiet today. I reviewed next week's leave-taking, party, clothes. I put the apple in HIS bag this time, which renewed interest in his bag. He gave up his beloved Kashtani (buckeye seeds?) by rolling them down the slide. [U.S. customs does not allow them into the States.] He also worked a second little puzzle that I brought (Ya cam!), tried on his new black shoes, and left them on until our farewell. He saw an airplane, and I reviewed what's in an airplane (movies, meals, warm napkins, etc.). Got his signature on 5 postcards. Could hardly believe he finally did this.

I phoned home - [ . . .] - and went home early. had a good long chat with the landlady/former inspector about all of the kids, paid her for the first two weeks (minus the first two days that were already paid), and found out that the water will be out Tuesday through Friday (planned renovation/maintenance). This explains why the laundry is not taking clothes at the moment. Oh, dear! After she leaves, I cook, bathe, [ . . .], and update the journal.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Kevin and Tammy said...

Great to read your comments. Hope Johnathon and Kola are home soon. We are doing well. Lots of doctor's appointments. e-mail me and I will let you know all the news. Kevin doesn't want it all on the internet.
Tammy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home