Thursday, January 01, 2009

New New Year's Resolutions

January is the start of birthday season for our family. All eight of them land in the first (long) half of the year from January to August. I like it that way, since there’s a reprieve in the fall semester from making cakes and cupcakes and taking kids shopping for gifts. My own birthday in early January is the first one, closely followed by Jonathan’s four days later. Since our birthdays, English Christmas, New Year’s, and Ukrainian Christmas (January 7) all fall within a three-week period, our family has ample opportunity for celebration at this time of year.

As Jonathan and I lay in bed last night, I told him that 2009 was quite different from the last three years. It was time now for a new birthday wish and a new New Year’s resolution. He agreed with me, and I learned that both of us had spent six of our past wishes and resolutions on Kola’s adoption. What a joy that they came true!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home