Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Homophone (Sort Of)

Jonathan eats agonizingly slowly, while I eat too quickly. (Guess who struggles more with their weight?) But now that we have children, our differing speeds at eating help us a great deal in the morning.

As usual for us, Jonathan handles more child care, and I do more managing. Therefore, he sits at the breakfast table with the children, keeping the peace, while I finish making lunches in the kitchen. When I finally sit down for breakfast, I usually finish faster than the younger children who have been eating the entire time. Not good for my health, but great for getting things accomplished quickly in the morning.

A few days ago, however, I gulped my coffee too quickly and broke out into a long coughing session to clear my windpipe. David, who delights in homonyns, smiled and told me that "coffee" and "coughing" sound pretty similar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home