Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Theologian

As David, Kola, and I left for school this morning, the two boys discovered a dead bird laying under our front porch. Kola said, "Oo, it has bugs on it!"

Seeing a teaching moment, I told the boys that bugs are actually a good thing. They are one of the methods that God uses to return bodies to the soil so that new plants can grow. Kola was not convinced. "Does that mean my body will have bugs on it?"

"Yes, Kola. But at that time, you won't be there anymore. You'll be in heaven with Jesus, and your body will be like an empty bowl. So if the bugs eat your body, it's not really you that they are eating."

David, who had been listening intently, looked at me and said, "Mom, will our body be like an empty suitcase?"

I couldn't have said it better: what a great image for our journey through life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home