Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Rachel's Story, Part V

My life changed completely when I moved to the U.S. because of all the changes that happened in the same year. For one, the towns had so many people, and it was so loud. I was not used to all of this, so it was very hard to adjust to all of this noise. It was hard to sleep and hard to walk around town alone without being scared of what was here because of what my parents told me. There were no cows or chickens anywhere, and it was not allowed to walk around alone, either. The homes all looked the same. None of them were made of logs. They were so much warmer and bigger than the ones in Ukraine where I lived. This all took forever to get used to, but I was happy in weeks. I loved it here when I got off the airplane.

To be continued . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home