Thursday, February 04, 2010

Natural Consequences

Yesterday was a rough day with Kola--two major tantrums. On the way to school, he screamed full-throttle in my ear as I buckled his seat belt. Ouch!

He had not eaten any breakfast, let alone brush his teeth. When I reached around to the back seat to hand him a piece of buttered toast, it immediately flew back at me. Luckily, the napkin kept the butter off the dashboard. From a personal angle, the extra bread was good--I hadn't eaten much myself at breakfast.

After Kola cooled down a little, I put toothpaste on his toothbrush and handed it back. He hurled it at the opposite door in the back seat. The toothbrush slid down, leaving blue toothpaste sticking to the door.

We arrived at school, and I told him that he couldn't leave the car until his teeth were brushed. Many minutes went by, and then he picked up the toothbrush and showed it to me, saying, "Mom, I need some toothpaste."

My response? "There it is--take it off the car door, if you want some."

He actually did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home