Friday, February 26, 2010

Postscript

Two afternoons ago, my thirty minutes at home included feeding the dog, taking a shower, and preparing snack. In the midst of this work, Kola started spitting at David. I told Kola to go outside immediately. He purposefully daudled, so I picked him up and pushed him out the front door. Since he wasn't dressed for winter, I turned to find his coat and boots. In the ten seconds that I wasn't watching the door, he grabbed a snow shovel and started pounding the front door with it. Luckily, he hit the metal portion of the screen door and not the glass.

Opening the door, I picked him up again to take him to the bathtub. I know now to carry him with his back to me, so he can't hit, kick, or spit as easily. We marched into the bathroom, where I discovered that the bathtub contained several inches of water from my shower.

"Well, Kola, since you broke the bathtub . . ."

It took all of a split second for me to decide he could sit fully-clothed in the water. In he went! Now he really screamed!

When Kola got over the shock, he started splashing large amounts of water out of the tub. I grabbed the nearby bucket and responded to each splash with a bucket of water on his head. He couldn't help himself from letting a quick giggle slip out. I was not so amused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home