Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Passages

My son knelt before the altar. Pastor placed his hands on Adam's head and said:

"Adam, the almighty God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has given you the new birth of water and of the Spirit and has forgiven you all your sins, strengthen you with His grace to life everlasting."

Pastor then read Adam's confirmation verse (Philippians 1:6b).
"He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
__________________________

Peter celebrated and mourned his seventh birthday. He thoroughly enjoyed the birthday gifts and cake, and the feeling of being more mature. "When I'm seven, I'm not going to have tantrums anymore!"

The next day, he felt terrible and launched into a deafening fit. When I reminded him that he was too old now to yell, his "I hate . . ." phrase shifted.

At the top of his lungs, he screamed, "I hate being seven!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home