Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Gross Things

Having dogs has somewhat prepared us for the unpleasant smells and sights that children can bring into your life. Enough said about the kids--here's a story about our dachsund puppy.

Like many young dogs, Kentucky chews on just about everything. I blogged back on April 20 about the loss of my computer power cord. Luckily, he ate it on the side of the converter that had reduced the voltage! Two days ago, he munched on a $20 ornament hanging from the bottom branches of our Christmas tree. Any trash can is fair game, and he finds small toys and food anywhere the kids have stashed them.

So . . . this morning, after exploring inside and outside the house, Kentucky brought his latest discovery onto our bed. I saw it there and was none too pleased--it was a dried-out piece of dog dirt from the yard! After picking it up to throw away, it occurred to me that the weight of the object seemed too light. I took a closer look and saw a string hanging down. "Oh, brother, what has that dog eaten now?" I thought.

Then I realized to my dismay that the string was not a string. It was the tail of a dead mouse!

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good heavens, and I thought cats were the only ones who left such gifts! Bet the kids get a kick out of things like that. :)
-Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home